Fundraising is vital to our organisation. We view fundraising as having two key components within MTCT – to raise money to support the continuous development of our programmes and to raise awareness of our work, needs of our group and most importantly challenge perceptions of addiction and criminality.
As such our fundraising team is key to all programme activity and strategy.
What are the challenges that we are facing
Due to a multitude of demands on all staff working at MTCT we have limited capacity to follow through with many opportunities to fundraise in a strategic and planned manner.
The administrative burden of being multifunded also add time constraints that limit what we can achieve.
We believe that our community is a very unique place that offers a safe and secure environment to many people who come to us for support. Our aspirations for the future is to develop this model of working; expand our programme to include the continuous development of our premises in Ballyfermot that will encompass the first Edible Community garden in Ireland.
To achieve this, we need you to make a commitment to us in terms of your skills, time and energy.
The Role of a Fundraising Volunteer
As a fundraiser, you will support MTCT with all fundraising events and activities to include remote or online events. You will work closely with the Fundraising sub-committee to agree on the strategy and targets for the coming year and support us to identify ways to improve on our fundraising capacity.
• Experience of working on multiple projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Able to think laterally and produce original materials.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work flexibly in a team with enthusiasm and commitment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access computer programs preferred.
• Qualifications and Experience: A good knowledge of PC packages, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Good presentation and communication skills.
• Experience of writing persuasive letters or proposals
• Interest in MTCT aims and objectives and a passion to do something about it.
• Understanding of, and sympathy with, the overall aims of MTCT.
• Personal qualities required:
• An interest and commitment to fighting sexual exploitation
• Good interpersonal skills, you will be friendly, professional and have a persuasive manner
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Strategic and thorough in recording details
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills
• Experience of managing simple databases in Excel
• Excellent attention to detail
• Previous experience of working or volunteering in the not-for-profit sector, is desirable but not essential
• Previous experience in fundraising/event management is desirable but not essential
• To work with the Fundraising Sub- Committee to maintain and develop income through support and planning of initiatives
• To help research new funding/grants potentialparticularly with Trusts, Foundations and Corporate donors
• To help support Individual Fundraisers and those taking part in MTCT and other public events such as marathons and other sporting events with fundraising packs
• To help manage the fundraising database and support the Fundraising Sub-Committee with all administrative tasks
• To help in the design and marketing of our events to include developing promotional material and fundraising packs andonline campaigns
• Commitment to work within the policies and procedures of MTCT and the ethos of our organisation.
If you are interested in coming on board as a Volunteer Fundraiser, please email Grainne Jennings Director firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
We may need to make an application on your behalf for Garda Vetting. Details of Garda Vetting can be found at vetting.garda.ie